Tapola is surrounded by hills and deep trees and is located on the banks of the Koyna River. The community is renowned for its verdant greenery, clear waterways, and various water sports, including swimming, boating, and kayaking. Tapola Lake, Shivsagar Lake, and Vasota Fort are well-known tourist destinations nearby.
Moreover, Tapola is a great starting point for hikers since it has access to several routes to the Sahyadri highlands. One such well-known path that provides hikers with a hard yet rewarding experience is the Vasota Fort trip. Tapola is well worth visiting if you enjoy the outdoors and are searching for a quiet escape.
Here are some things to do in Tapola:
- Tapola is well-known for its boating activities and is located on the banks of the Koyna River. You may hire a boat and tour Tapola and Shivsagar Lakes, both breathtaking.
- Kayaking is another well-liked pastime in Tapola. You may hire a kayak and paddle along the Koyna River’s peaceful, clear waters.
- Trekking: Tapola makes a great starting point for trekkers. You may hike to the Vasota Fort, which gives amazing views of the surroundings, and explore the Sahyadri Hills.
- Camping is a well-liked pastime in Tapola. You may set up a tent next to the lake or the nearby trees and take in a calm night of stargazing.
- Birdwatching is a well-liked hobby in Tapola because of the area’s diversity of bird species. You may see many migratory and permanent birds among the lakes and woodlands.
- Photography: Tapola has several gorgeous locations, making it a great location for those who enjoy taking photos. The hills, lakes, and forests offer wonderful landscapes that you may photograph.
- See the sites nearby: The Pratapgad Fort, Panchgani, and the Mahabaleshwar Temple are just a few tourist destinations accessible from Tapola when traveling to Mahabaleshwar.
- Accommodations: The price of lodging in Tapola varies according to the kind of lodging you select. Budget guesthouses and homestays like Shoreline Resort may be found for as little as INR 1000–1500 per night, while luxury resorts can run as much as INR 5000.
- Food: Tapola’s food prices are not too high. Local restaurants may be found that offer affordable traditional Maharashtrian cuisine. A lavish supper may cost up to INR 500 per person, whereas a simple meal may cost between INR 150 and 200 per person.
- Transportation: Getting to Tapola is expensive, depending on your transportation choice. A one-way bus ticket from Mahabaleshwar to Tapola may cost between INR 50 and INR 100 per person if you take public transportation. Alternatively, you can hire a cab or private automobile for a more relaxing and easy trip. Depending on the distance, kind of vehicle, and length of the trip, the cost of hiring a taxi or private vehicle may change.
- Activities: Depending on the kind of activity you select, the cost of activities in Tapola varies. Although hiking excursions may cost up to INR 1000 per person, boating and kayaking may cost between INR 200 and 300 per person.
In India’s Maharashtra state, close to Mahabaleshwar, sits the lovely village of Tapola. Tapola may be reached via these methods:
- Via Air: Pune International Airport, which is located around 120 kilometers from Tapola, is the closest airport. To get to Tapola from the airport, you can take a bus or a cab.
- By Train: Satara Railway Station, located around 70 kilometers from Tapola, is the closest rail hub. You can take a cab or bus to get to Tapola from the train station.
- Via Bus: Tapola is easily accessible by bus from Mumbai, Pune, or Satara due to its good road connectivity. You may purchase tickets online or at the bus stop for the several state-run and private buses that travel this route.
- Via Car: A cab or a vehicle may take you to Tapola. You may get to Tapola from Mumbai by taking the Mumbai-Pune Expressway, the NH48 in the direction of Satara, and then the Mahabaleshwar-Tapola Road. It takes around 6-7 hours to travel about 275 kilometers to Tapola.
In Maharashtra, India, close to Tapola, there is a well-known tourist destination called Vasota Fort. It is located in the Sahyadri mountain range and is encircled by Shivsagar Lake and verdant woods. In Maharashtra, India, the Vasota Fort has a major historical and cultural significance linked to the Shivaji Maharaj mythology. The fort was strategically significant and had a significant historical impact on the Maratha Empire. The fort is thought to have served as a fortress and military outpost for Shivaji Maharaj while he defended his empire.
Lord Dattatreya’s temple, the Datta Mandir, is located at Tapola. Tapola and its surroundings do, however, have several stunning caverns and rock formations that are well worth visiting. For instance, the Koyna Wildlife Sanctuary, which is close to Tapola, is home to several caverns, including the well-known Vasota Cave close to Vasota Fort. One of Tapola’s most well-known tourist attractions is the Sivalinga, which resides inside the cave.
Tapola is generally worth visiting due to its proximity to the natural environment, entertaining amenities, and historical sites. You may travel there for a fair price. A less wealthy vacation may cost up to INR 5000–6000 per person per day, while a more affordable journey to Tapola would cost approximately INR 2000–3000 per day. But these are only broad estimates, and your tastes and budget may affect the actual costs. Tapola is easily reachable from major cities in Maharashtra because of its excellent air, rail, and bus connections. Tapola is also accessible by cab or automobile, and the trip there is picturesque and delightful.
For any assistance regarding your Tapola tour, we request you to get in touch with our team of professionals. We at Shoreline Ujjwala Resort at Tapola, offer a variety of all-inclusive and customized Tapola tour packages for the ease of our diverse clientele. Depending on your holiday needs, our travel packages can be given a personal touch to satisfy your budget and other requirements. We also help you in curating an itinerary of your choice so that you can cover the must-visit sightseeing places in Tapola. What else? Please fill out the Contact Us form to know more about us.